Take your burgers to a whole new level with these melt in the middle blue cheese burgers! Simple to make, perfect for a bit of comfort in the winter or on the barby in the summer. This recipe will not disappoint!
What you need..
- 500g of 5% Lean Mince
- 4 Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese Triangles
- 2 x Wholemeal Buns
- 1 tsp of pureed garlic
- Pinch of Oregano
Serves: 2-4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
Syn Free using HexB and Part of HexA (5 triangles count as HexA or 1.5 syns each)
How its done…
- Take the mince meat, add the garlic, oregano and season well. Take the mixture and mix well with you hands. Separate the mixture out, this will make either two massive burgers or you could make 4 smaller burgers. For two burgers you will need two cheese triangles per burger and for 4 smaller burgers 1 triangle each, got it?
- Shape your patties making a little well for the cheese, take your triangles and place in the middle and smooth out with a back of a spoon. Take a little extra burger mixture to cover the top and roll in your hands to seal the burgers.
- For best results leave the burgers in the fridge uncovered for a few hours before frying.
- Heat up your frying pan with a little fry light for larger burgers it will probably take around 25 minutes to cook through and smaller burgers will be around 15 minutes. You want to make sure the burgers are cooked through and cheese is oozing in the middle and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- To serve toast the buns, I caramelised some onions and served with little lettuce and tomato and light mayo and tomato sauce.