This is one tasty little number. Its simple to make and simply gorgeous! The sweet potato crisps to garnish just take the whole dish to another level so I definitely recommend making them. The best part is if you don’t use them all on the soup you have a tasty low fat snack for later. This soup is syn free, dairy and gluten free 🙂
What you need..
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Large Leek
- 4 x Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Celery Sticks
- Pinch of Rosemary and Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Pints of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 5 minutes Syn Free
Cook Time: 30 Minutes on gas mark 180 and 20 minutes to simmer
How its done…
- Preheat your oven. Peel and chop in to chunks your sweet potato, leave a little bit of the sweet potato behind if you want to make crisps for garnish. Place on a baking dish with your garlic, sprinkle with a little rosemary and thyme, spray with fry light and roast until soft (around 30 minutes)
- Take you leak and wash thoroughly. The best way to do this is to slice the leak vertically until it looks a bit like a palm tree and wash getting in to all the nooks, this saves you getting a nice added bit of dirt with you leak. Chop the leak and celery and add in to a large pan with a little fry light and saute.
- Once your leek and celery are soft add your roasted sweet potato and garlic to the mixture, mashing down the sweet potato and garlic as you mix.
- Add in your vegetable stock and bay leaf, stir and leave to simmer for around 20 min.
- Take the pot off the heat and remove the bay leaf. Blitz the mixture until smooth add salt and pepper to taste and you can also add a little pinch of chilli flakes for flavour.
- If you would also like to make the sweet potato crisps to garnish you will just need to thinly slice the left over sweet potato, lay out on a baking tray on top of grease proof paper, spray with fry light and season well, cook until crispy (around 15 minutes on gas mark 180)making sure to turn over in between.