I absolutely love pasta. I could eat it every day, three times a day, if my metabolism allowed me to, however, mine doesn’t allow me to sniff a burger without putting on three pounds so unfortunately that’s out the window. There is a pasta dish in Zizi’s that I absolutely love, however, being on Slimming World, its probably far too many syns. So I set about to make my own Slimming World friendly version and I have to say, its delicious! I must warn you, I do like a bit of spice so if you are what I call “A Lemon and Herb” kinda of person you may want to use one red chilli instead of two.
What you need..
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Red Chilli’s deseeded
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 tbsp Chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 6 tbsp Reduced Fat Red Pesto (1.5 Syns per tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 350g of Pasta (I used Conchiglie for mine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes 2.5 Syns
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
How its done…
- Slice up the chicken, red onion and red chilli’s. Put the chicken in to a pan with a little fry light and cook. Add in your tbsp of chilli and garlic puree and mix, then adding the onions and red chilli’s in to the pan. Allow the onions to saute. You can also add in little vine tomatoes which would also go lovely with this but I didn’t have any to hand.
- Put you pasta in to water to boil. You want to boil it until it is ‘al dente’, meaning it is mostly soft but still has a bite to it, this is so we can finish cooking it in the sauce later.
- Add 3 tbsp of the red pesto to the chicken and mix well. Add your cooked pasta to the pan along with the vegetable stock a little at a time and keep stirring.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for around 15 minutes making sure to keep stirring. Add in the remaining 3 tbsp of red pesto and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- You don’t your sauce to be runny and the pasta should soak up most of the liquid so make sure to keep stirring and allow to simmer until you have at the right consistency.
- Finally you going to add your Fat Free Greek Yogurt, give one last big stir to bind all the mixture and serve.
- To serve I would recommend chopping some basil up to top or if you like spice maybe a little sprinkling of chilli flakes. Alternatively if you want to use your Healthy Extra A, top with a little Parmesan.